So far in Act I, I'm not pleased at all with these characters! I find out that Nora is being treated like a little child. She's a grown woman who doesn't need to be called pet names. What kind of husband does that to his wife who he "loves"? To me, I think it's so disrespectful. If I was Nora, I would've called him pet names too and would treat him as if he was my house pet! Another thing, is Torvald has something against women! He thinks women are just suppose to do what "trophy wives" do, just to look pretty for their husband. Women are suppose to be treated equally just like men. Krogstad just gets me mad. Just because he thinks he's about to lose his position at the bank, doesn't mean he has to black mail Nora. Nora did a good thing to save her man. So what if she borrowed money and has to still pay him back, she saved a life! It kind of sucks that Torvald doesn't know and all Nora is doing is feeding him lies about her doings behind his back. If he happens to find out that Nora went behind his back to save his life, HE BETTER BE GRATEFUL! I know in my perspective, I would've made him suffer a little if he treated me like a little child. But, I'm not cold-hearted so I would've done the same thing just to save my husband's life anytime. OH! How can I forget Mrs. Linde?!?! Well, To me I think she's plain weird. When she talks, she's just so blah. In my opinion, I dislike when people are boring when they're talking. All she does is reply yes, no, no, yes. Are you serious? She can at least give a little more detail! Well so far his is how I feel about the Characters.
I commented on David's post from our class (:
ReplyDeleteI also commented on Joel Lee's Post ^.^
ReplyDeleteHi maili !!! well i disagree with you when you said helmer should be grateful. He should be gratefull but you and I both know he is not going to be. He is going to yell at Nora saying how she shouldn't have dont it, knowing how he feels about debt. He is going to feel humilated. I think the last thing that is on his mind is being grateful. Good post ! I enjoyed reading it. :]
ReplyDeleteHey girl (: so yeah i agree with pretty much everything you just said. I said the same exact thing about women being treated just as equally as men. Maybe because this is different time age and we're living in the 21st century, rights between men and women were different then they are now.
ReplyDelete